Primary Care Network (PCN) Children and Young People’s Wellbeing Service
A mental health and wellbeing support service for Young People aged 11-17 years in East Hants who are experiencing difficulty with their mental health and wellbeing.
To access this service, you must be between the ages of 11 and 17.
You must also be registered with an East Hants PCN GP surgery, which includes the following GP Practices:
- Bordon Doctors: Badgerswood Surgery and the Forest Surgery
- The Clanfield Practice
- The Grange Surgery
- Horndean Surgery
- Liphook and Liss Surgery
- Pinehill Surgery
- Riverside Kelsey Surgery
- Rowlands Castle Surgery
- Swan Medical Group (SMG), including: Liphook Village Surgery (LVS, SMG)
Firstly, you must speak to your registered GP and make them aware of any mental health or wellbeing difficulties you may be experiencing. You may want to bring a parent/carer or friend to support you alongside this appointment. Your GP can make a referral through the social prescribing system, after which the Children and Young Person’s Wellbeing Practitioner will receive your referral and contact you to arrange sessions.
The service can offer:
- Access to one-to-one emotional support, face-to-face or virtual
- Healthy coping strategies through a range of therapeutic interventions such as CBT and DBT
- Care planning to identify needs, create wellbeing goals and a wellbeing plan
- Safety planning to reduce risk of self-harm and suicide
- Wellbeing topics and mindfulness
- Signposting to useful resources, including online, telephone and app support
- Onward referral to other agencies and support available
- Young People will have access to 6-8 sessions, with flexibility
- The service operates Monday- Friday 11am- 6pm