Mental Health First Aid 2 Day Course
MHFA England has approved Havant and East Hants Mind to deliver the above Adult Mental Health First Aid course.
- Course duration -2 day – usually delivered consecutively.
- Course suitable for:
- Private sector -medium to large business, Line Managers, Social Care, Ambulance Staff, Staff Nurses, Voluntary sector staff or volunteers Foster Parents, School Teachers, HR Managers, Company Managers, Faith leaders, Family Members, and Individuals who have themselves experienced mental health issues.
- Age groups: 16 plus
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the mental health equivalent of physical First Aid.
All the content and resources used on this course are developed by MHFA England and have followed robust quality assurance and evaluation processes. As an approved provider of MFHA, we can deliver this course on-site at your organisation’s premises – online or at our Wellbeing Centres.
Course content overview
- On completion of the training participants will become a qualified Mental Health First Aider, skilled in spotting the early signs of mental ill health in people and confident in your ability to point them towards further sources of help and to support them in their recovery.
- Focussing on what is Mental Health First Aid and how to apply Mental Health First Aid skills in a variety of areas such as depression, anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
- The final part of the training is about actions for individuals and the organisation. Training can be tailored to your company’s specific requirements, action plan or strategy.
The course is available as
- Option 1. An open course (many delegates from a range of workplaces together) dates and locations determined by HEH Mind (ideal if you just have few delegates)
- Option 2. As a closed “in house” course (only your staff at location and dates of your choosing). Available to be delivered in- All areas. We can accommodate a maximum of 16 people on a course.
We strive to create courses and resources that everyone can access. When you book training we will ask if you if you will need course materials in accessible formats and about any requirements you may have regarding online training or face to face and accessing a venue.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say they are an MHFA Champion
- A manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
- A MHFA lanyard
We offer flexible pricing based on size and sector as well as size of purchase.
Option 1: open courses can range from – £200- £300 per person
Option 2: in house course can range from £2000- £3000 course plus venue costs (unless venue provided)
For more information or to request a quote for this training please contact by phone or email [email protected].