Mental Health for Line Managers
Available as a half day or a full day course
We strongly recommend the full day course for line managers as this give the depth and case examples that line mangers have told us are incredibly useful in relating the learning to their practice.
- Understand ways of supporting someone struggling with their mental health:
- Approaches to take, actions and conversations that can make things worse
- Reduce the risk of mental health conditions emerging by taking preventative action, resilience skills
- Ways of encouraging staff to take responsibility for their own wellbeing
- Introduction to mental health
- Spotting the signs of struggle
- Mental health conditions
- Pressure, stress and mental health
- Supporting someone struggling
- Stress and the Law
- The duty to make reasonable adjustments / practical solutions
- Stress and the Risk Management Process
- The HSE Management Standards for Stress (MSS)
- Work pressure profiling
- Wellness Action Plans / returning to work
- Building resilience
- Action planning (individual and/or team/organisation)
Available as a half day or full day course.
We strongly recommend the full day course. This is based on feedback from managers who have completed the course. This allows more time for applying and testing scenarios. For staff to practice discussing reasonable adjustments and applying the management standards for stress and action planning.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance
- A manual to refer to whenever they need it
- Mind resources and signposting material
We strive to create courses and resources that everyone can access. When you book we will ask if you will need course materials in accessible formats. We ask you about any requirements you may have regarding online training or face to face and accessing a venue.
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
As a closed “in house” course (only your staff at location and dates of your choosing) Available to be delivered in all areas, or can be delivered entirely online.
We offer flexible pricing based on size and sector as well as size of purchase.
For more information or to request a quote for this training please contact by phone or email [email protected]