We have supporters in workplaces and sports clubs and are now looking to grow our engagement support with this new role. Community Champions have already begun awareness raising activities, signposting, fundraising and supporting their local community members across Hampshire. As our number of supporters grows, so does our ability to create resources, support community groups and raise the profile of mental health wellbeing, support and crisis services in Hampshire.
What are we looking for?
- An open and non-judgmental attitude
- A positive, patient and tolerant approach
- Promote equal opportunities for all
- Individuals with lived experience of mental health illness(es) are welcomed
You are not expected to be a mental health professional with responsibility for supporting people with complex mental health problems. People may confide in you, but you will have training to make sure you feel confident in conversations and how to signpost to support.
Champions training available:
- Basic awareness of mental health
- Developed confidence and skills in starting conversations
- Introduction to privacy and confidentiality
- Introduction to risk and protective factors
Maybe you have fundraised for us in the past and now you would like to get more involved? Or maybe this is your first step on a journey of supporting mental health and wellbeing within Hampshire. Whatever your background we would like to hear from you. Find out more about becoming a Community Champion by contacting us via [email protected]