- Our Active Families Programme in the Havant Borough is funded by Sport England. Employed on this project are two Family Support Practitioners and a Sport Development Worker.
- We are contracted by Hampshire County Council to offer intensive and non-intensive support under the Supporting Families Programme.
About the Programmes
Active Families Programme
The aim of the Active Families Programme is to support your family to lead a more active lifestyle and see an improvement in your physical health and wellbeing. Your Family Support Practitioner will work with your whole family making home visits and introducing you to activities with the aim of having fun and increasing your family’s level of physical activity. This will be after school or occasional weekends. Oarsome Chance are partners in this programme so there may be an opportunity for your family to experience rowing and cycling.
Team around the Family Meetings
Team Around the Family (TAF) meetings will happen approximately every 6 weeks for families under the Supporting Families Programme. You are encouraged to attend these meetings and your children are also welcome. These meetings are used to co-ordinate support for you family and plan the next steps. To effectively do this, other agencies supporting your family will also attend these meetings.
Supporting Families Programme
Families are often trying to deal with more than one problem at a time. This can make it difficult for families to get the right help and support. The Supporting Families Programme is designed to make this easier. With this level of support, your Family Support Practitioner will visit you once a week to support you with a range of issues. We can liaise with school and other agencies to ensure you and your family get the specialist help needed
Home visits allow you and your Family Support Practitioner to talk things through and work out the best way to support your family. These visit may also be used to support you in filling out forms, managing debt or making phone calls to agencies. Your Family Support Practitioner may also go into school to support your child if you are happy with this.
Our experienced team of Family Support Practitioners can work with your family for up to six months on a range of issues, with a key focus to improve mental health and wellbeing. The support involves regular home visits, working with the whole family, signposting, team around the family meetings and liaising with key agencies.
To encourage positive mental health & wellbeing we support families to
- Increase emotional coping skills
- Improve practical living skills
- Build self-confidence and resilience
- Become stronger, and more independent
- Improve physical & mental wellbeing
- Improve social networks and support
- Engage peer support
- Build parenting techniques and strategies
To help you access specialist support for your family, you may be signposted to other organisations to better support you and your families needs. For example: School Nurse Team, Stop Domestic Abuse (formerly SDAS) or CAMHS.
Havant and East Hants Mind aims to promote good mental health within the Havant and East Hants locality.
To achieve these aims, Mind:
- Works with mental health service users to promote recovery
- Promotes mental wellbeing within our community
- Challenges discrimination and promotes social inclusion
- Works in partnership with other organisations
- Values diversity
- Involves service users in all aspects of its work
Monday to Thursday: 9.00 am—4.30 pm
Friday: 9.00 am to 4.00 pm
Outside of these hours, please leave a message on our answer phone: 02392 498916