Are you planning a fund raising activity in aid of Havant and East Hants Mind?
Firstly we thank you for all your efforts in advance – without you we could not exist to provide the support we do across Havant and East Hampshire.
Secondly we ask you to please consider the following points below from the fundraising code of practice.
Please encourage your sponsors to use our on line donation page Just Giving.
- You will be acting as a fundraiser without payment or other material benefit (excluding reimbursement of expenses), to raise money in aid of Havant and East Hants Mind
- You act ‘in aid of’ Havant and East Hants Mind when you are raising funds, but you act entirely independently of the organisation.
- You will have the largest part of control over the fundraising activity, and the complete responsibility for the fundraising activity is yours.
Havant and East Hants Mind is unable to accept any responsibility or liability for fundraising events organised and run by you.
Good practice when acting in aid of Havant and East Hants Mind
- Why not contact us to tell us about the event you are planning, just to make sure it is in line with Havant and East Hants Minds’ objectives and charitable duties.
- Think about your target audience, size and what the fundraising activities might be. Make it attractive to meet these objectives.
- Research event ideas with potential participants or guests.
- If there are costs involved, analyse potential benefits and returns, including the likely return on investment and break even points. We don’t want people to donate and you to be out of pocket.
- Avoid clashes with similar activities and dates.
- Have some cancellation and contingency plans in place – It is advisable for sponsors to be made aware of the procedure for cancellation at the point of signing up.
- If the event is cancelled, or if it is postponed it is critical you contact donors and ask if they are still happy for the monies to go Havant and East Hants Mind, and if not the donation must be refunded to them.
If you want further general guidance or advice about what to consider and to help you plan your event we can email you an information pack. [email protected]