Ambassadors within sport
Our Ambassadors’ project focuses on utilising the passion and kindness that often already exists within our community sports clubs. We work with your club, team or group to raise their general awareness about mental health and to increase members’ knowledge of and confidence to access local wellbeing services.
Through involvement in the Ambassadors’ project, we will collaborate with your club to deliver introductory training and support, including identifying potential Ambassadors within the club. The Ambassador’s role involves proactively hosting awareness raising activities, fundraising and supporting club members. As the team of Ambassadors grows across Hampshire, so does our ability to support teams/ communities and raise the profile of mental health and wellbeing within sports settings.
We recognise the importance of Ambassadors and the work they can do. As such our recruitment process involves completing an application form and an interview process, which we will discuss with and offer support to you. This provides us with an insight to the individuals wishing to be involved and the support/ training we could provide to them with to ensure the project is safe and successful.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about becoming an Ambassador please contact [email protected]
We are looking for Ambassadors who are/have:
- An open and non-judgmental attitude
- A positive, patient and tolerant approach towards supporting people with mental health problems
- A positive role model
- Behave in a professional, confidential and non-discriminatory manner at all times and promote equal opportunities for all
Ambassadors training includes:
- Increased basic awareness of mental health
- Developed confidence and skills in starting conversations in their communities
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Risk factor vs protective factors
Find out more by watching our Ambassador videos.