Mental Health Ambassadors
Mental health is rarely discussed in the workplace. Havant and East Hants Mind are looking for Mental Health Ambassadors who are committed to our cause of improving mental wellbeing within their setting, be that a workplace, sports club, education or in the community. The role of a Mental Health Ambassador is voluntary and only requires a small time commitment.
We are looking for Ambassadors who are/have:
- An open and non-judgmental attitude
- A positive, patient and tolerant approach towards supporting people with mental health problems
- A positive role model
- Behave in a professional, confidential and non-discriminatory manner at all times and promote equal opportunities for all
Mental Health Ambassadors will be provided with the necessary support, guidance and resources from Havant and East Hants Mind to help them in their role. Individuals who have experience of dealing with a mental health illness are welcomed and encouraged to be part of the Ambassador Team.
The Mental Health Ambassador training will cover a range of topics and discussions. The aim of which will be to support Ambassadors to feel comfortable talking and listening to conversations about mental health, illness and wellness.
Their role as an Ambassador will be introduced, explained and explored. The training will also include the following.
- Increased basic awareness of mental health
- Developed confidence and skills in starting conversations in their communities
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Risk factor vs protective factors