Mental Health First Aid 2 Day Course
MHFA England has approved Havant and East Hants Mind to deliver the above Adult Mental Health First Aid course.
- Course duration: 2 days, usually delivered consecutively.
- Suitable for age groups: 16 plus
- Course suitable for: Private sector medium to large business, line managers, social care organisations, ambulance staff, staff nurses, voluntary sector staff or volunteers, foster parents, school teachers, HR managers, company managers, faith leaders, individuals who have themselves experienced mental health issues and their family members.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the mental health equivalent of physical First Aid.
29th and 30th November, 2023 (Havant)
30th and 31st January, 2024 (Havant)
25th and 26th March, 2024 (Havant)
All the content and resources used on this course are developed by MHFA England and have followed a robust quality assurance and evaluation processes. As an approved provider of MFHA, we can deliver this course on-site at your organisation’s premises – online or at our Wellbeing Centres.
To book your place on one of these courses please email us at [email protected].
Course content overview
- On completion of the training participants will become a qualified Mental Health First Aider, skilled in spotting the early signs of mental ill health in people and confident in your ability to point them towards further sources of help and to support them in their recovery.
- Focussing on what is Mental Health First Aid and how to apply Mental Health First Aid skills in a variety of areas such as depression, anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
- The final part of the training is about actions for individuals and the organisation. Training can be tailored to your company’s specific requirements, action plan or strategy.
The course is available as
- Option 1. An open course (many delegates from a range of workplaces together) dates and locations determined by HEH Mind (ideal if you just have few delegates)
- Option 2. As a closed “in house” course (only your staff, at a location and on dates of your choosing). Available to be delivered in all areas of Hampshire. We can accommodate a maximum of 16 people on a course.
We strive to create courses and resources that everyone can access. When you book we will ask if you will need course materials in accessible formats. We will also ask you about any accessibility requirements you may have regarding online or face to face training and safely accessing the chosen venue.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say they are an MHFA Champion
- A manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
- A MHFA lanyard
MHFA England rate this course at £325 per person, however we do offer discounts for multiple places at our open courses and for in-house courses. We also offer discounts for charitable organisations.
Option One (open courses) : Multiple attendee price : £275 per person (up to 5 people)
Option two ( in-house course): £2750 for 6-9 people; £3250 for 10-16 people (we assume that you will provide the venue);
For more information or to request a quote for this training please contact by phone or email [email protected].