Children and Young People’s Wellbeing
Young Person’s Safe Haven
Havant and East Hants Mind have been commissioned by the Hampshire and Isle of Wight CCG Partnership to deliver the Young Person’s Safe Haven, which is an out of hours crisis support service for any young person in the Havant Borough aged 11-17 years old.
Safe Haven provides a safe & confidential space for young people experiencing difficulty with their mental health or wellbeing to access immediate emotional support, and take part in activities such as games, mindfulness, art & crafts and peer support. We also have a different wellbeing discussion topic each week such as exam stress, resilience, relaxation, anxiety and body image.
You do not need to be referred to the service, you can just drop-in at any time during the opening hours (We encourage 11-13 year olds to attend during the earlier half of the evening session – 5-7pm).
Tuesday & Thursday evenings 5pm – 8pm, Saturdays 10.30am – 1.30pm
No referral or appointment needed.
What to expect at Safe Haven:
- The door is locked so you will need to press the black Mind doorbell
- You will be met by a member of staff who will welcome you, sign you in and ensure you feel comfortable.
- You will have the opportunity to speak with a member of staff in private and fill in the registration form. They will sit with you and take some basic personal details from you such as name, address and a parent/carers contact number. They will have a chat about what’s going on for you, they will listen without judgement.
- You will be able to have your own space if this is what you need or you will have the opportunity to talk to a member of staff one to one or meet with other young people who understand and to get involved in activities such as: Icebreakers, games, wellbeing discussions and art & craft.
- We have a range of useful resources, and lists of organisations, apps, websites and telephone support that may be able to help you.
- We believe in respecting and maintaining your confidentiality. We will not share your personal information unless we have your permission or we have to because of our duty of care to protect your health, safety and wellbeing and that of others.