Suicide Prevention for Staff
The course informs staff about the background statistics of suicide and self-harm and who is affected by it. Potential causes or risk factors of suicidal thoughts and behaviour are discussed. We also cover how to spot potential worrying signs, how to support someone and keep them safe. Finally keeping yourself well and safe.
Course format and content
We prefer to deliver this course face to face but it can be delivered online also with a maximum of 16 staff to ensure we can ensure the safety of all delegates.
- Group Agreement/ Introductions and procedures
- “What is Suicide to you ? ” – Discussion about Suicide
- Risk Factors/ Warning Signs for Suicide
- Barriers to speaking to someone
- Questioning Skills and Listening Skills
- Assessing the risk of someone you are worried about
- Sign Posting to appropriate services
- Suicide Case Studies and Exercises
- Looking After yourself
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance
- A manual to refer to whenever they need it
- Mind resources and signposting material
We strive to create courses and resources that everyone can access. When you book we will ask if you will need course materials in accessible formats. We ask you about any requirements you may have regarding online training or face to face and accessing a venue.
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
As a closed “in house” course (only your staff at location and dates of your choosing) Available to be delivered in all areas, or can be delivered entirely online.
We offer flexible pricing based on size and sector as well as size of purchase.
For more information or to request a quote for this training please contact by phone or email [email protected]