Mental Health First Aid Champions 1 Day Course
MHFA England has approved Havant and East Hants Mind to deliver the above Adult Mental Health First Aid course.
- Course duration -1 day.
- Course suitable for:
Private sector -medium to large business, Line Managers, Social Care, Ambulance Staff, Staff Nurses, Voluntary sector staff or volunteers, Foster Parents, School Teachers, HR Managers, Company Managers, Faith leaders, Family Members, and Individuals who have themselves experienced mental health issues.
- Age groups: 16 plus
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the mental health equivalent of physical First Aid.
All the content and resources used on this course are developed by MHFA England and have followed robust quality assurance and evaluation processes. As an approved provider of MFHA, we can deliver this course on-site at your organisation’s premises, online or at our Wellbeing Centres.
Empower your organisation to deliver on your wellbeing strategy by building a network of MHFA Champions.
MHFA Champions have:
- Knowledge and confidence to provide Mental Health First Aid for the most common mental health issues
- An understanding of how to help build a mentally healthy workplace, challenge stigma and support positive wellbeing
- Flexible learning experience either face-to-face or via online video conferencing
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities
- Topics covered include, about Mental Health First Aid, stress in the workplace, stigma and discrimination. Information about the main common mental health disorders depression, anxiety other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- We also cover early warning signs of mental ill health and the relationships between alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan by approaching the person, assess and assist with any crisis or help with recovery.
- Better understand suicide and social thoughts, how to listen and communicate non-judgementally, give support and information encourage the person to get appropriate professional help. Finally we reflect by working with Champions to look at their role in building a mentally healthy workplace and action planning for using MH first aid champions
- Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say they are an MHFA Champion
- A manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
- A MHFA lanyard
We strive to create courses and resources that everyone can access. When you book we will ask if you will need course materials in accessible formats. We ask you about any requirements you may have regarding online training or face to face and accessing a venue.
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
As a closed “in house” course (only your staff at location and dates of your choosing) Available to be delivered in all areas, or can be delivered entirely online.
We offer flexible pricing based on size and sector as well as size of purchase.
For more information or to request a quote for this training please contact by phone or email [email protected]
For more information about all our training courses, please click the link below.Find out more
If you have energy, experience and enthusiasm and want to make a difference in people's lives.Find out more
With your help we can make a real difference in people's lives. Make a donation today.Find out more