If you are looking for inspiration for the 2019 fundraising challenge, look no further.
Dan will be taking part in 2 marathons; Portsmouth Coastal (Dec’18) and London (Apr’19), raising funds and awareness for Havant and East Hants Mind.
If you would like to support Dan’s efforts visit his JustGiving page
If you would like to discuss taking part in your own challenge contact Mike [email protected]
We are sharing awareness this #InternationalMensDay as we support the men in our community.
In the UK, the theme and focus remains on how we can make a difference to men and boys, and, how we can give men and boys better life chances by addressing some of the issues that affect men and boys such as:
- The high male suicide rate
- The challenges faced by boys and men at all stages of education including attainment
- Men’s health (including male cancers), shorter life expectancy and workplace deaths
- The challenges faced by the most marginalised men and boys in society (for instance, homeless men, boys in care and the high rate of male deaths in custody)
- Male victims of violence, including sexual violence
- The challenges faced by men as parents, particularly new fathers and separated fathers
- Male victims and survivors of sexual abuse, rape, sexual exploitation, domestic abuse, forced marriage, honour-based crime, stalking and slavery
- The negative portrayal of men, boys and fathers
Follow the conversation online by using the below hashtags
#IMD18 #MensHealth #WorkplaceWellbeing
We were delighted to visit Staggeringly Good and count up the pounds and euros that have been donated over the last few months. A huge thank you for all the awareness raising you have been doing, as well as the donations.
A huge thank you to all the staff and patrons of Staggeringly Good who have donated a total of £138.03 and €1.20.
It was great to meet Endeavour students at Havant Academy on 1 November, who have amazingly chosen HEH Mind as their House Charity for 2018-2019.
Mike, our Community Development Officer, visited Havant Academy to talk about mental health and the work HEH Mind does to inform the students what they are raising money for.
We look forward to supporting Endeavour’s fundraising activities and tackling the stigma around mental health together.